In celebration of my very early birthday, Ive decided to spoil myself a wee bit and bought a couple of beauty exclusive products available at Nordstrom for their anniversary sale. The item I shall be talking about in this post is the M.A.C. illustrated face kit in brown.
A special-edition fabric-wrapped compact features exclusive illustrations by witty fashion designer, Rebecca Moses.
- Powder Blush in Melba (0.18 oz.): a soft coral-peach.
- Satin Eyeshadow in Orb (0.03 oz.): a soft peachy satin.
- Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in All That Glitters (0.03 oz.): a beige with gold tones.
- Satin Eyeshadow in Smoked Sepia (0.03 oz.): a rich brown.
- Matte Eyeshadow in Showstopper (0.03 oz.): a dark brown.
- Cremesheen Lipstick in Ravishing Clean (0.018 oz.): a light peachy coral.
- Satin Lipstick in Myth Light (0.018 oz.): a neutral nude.
- Duo brush with 275 SE Medium Angled Shading Brush and 316 SE Lip Brush.
If you are a practical makeup user, or someone who doesnt collect M.A.C. products, then this kit would be a dream for you as it is for me! I find M.A.C. to be a wee bit pricey so when they put together palettes and face kits like this I get oooooberly excited!!!
|Heres a size comparison of the palette with the Urban decay Naked palette and a 4 shadow palette from MAC.|
|I love that this palette is travel friendly and it isn't so thick! I think! I'm in love!|
|Swatches of the kit I think you can pretty much tell which ones which lol :P|
The eyeshadows, the blush and the lipsticks definitely have awesome pigmentation. I think the sheerest of the eyeshadows in this kit is showstopper, the dark brown but definitely can be buildable.
Overall I think this kit is absolutely beautiful especially for someone on the go! For $49 I think you definitely get your moneys worth especially if you dont own a lot of mac makeup products. A lot of people have loads of M.A.C. products so you might just pass on these colors since they might already be in your collection.
This kit is also available in plum which I dont have in hand since I wont be getting that one till my actual birthday in August lol :P
I hope you guys find this helpful!